Thursday, September 24, 2009

Let me tell you about Palm Desert, CA

I kind of thought this would be a boring kind of California town. It's not near the beach, it's really small, it's no LA. HOWEVER, I landed at the airport and had to walk outside to go to baggage claim, my very first impression of this place is a beautifully landscaped outdoor concourse with at least a dozen honeysuckle bushes. Honeysuckle is one my very favorite fragrances. We had lots of honeysuckle in our yard growing up and the scent was just magnificent. As I'm heading to baggage claim, I look to the right and there is this architecturally interesting structure named the "Sonny Bono Terminal". I started to think this might be a pretty cool place after all.

After I got my bag, the car service picked me up. Tamara, a very nice lady, drove me the 20 minutes to Palm Desert, just outside of Palm Springs where the airport is. Tamara told me that this place, and the JW Marriott where I'm staying in particular, is the hottest weekend spot for everyone from LA. She said the pool here is like Rehab in Vegas and the nightclub on the property is where everyone goes. I am just getting so excited. I am here for work, but I needed this break.

The resort is gorgeous and I just got in last night and crashed. But this morning I got up and ran a 3.5 mile loop around the property and it was so beautiful. We are tucked away in this valley with little mountains surrounding. Gorgeous!

After my in room breakfast I headed down to the expo hall to get registered and set up our booth. I managed to get it set up with no problem, only took about 20 minutes and now I have some free time on my hands. Since I'll be working the convention on Saturday, I don't think it would be a bad idea to get a little rest by the pool. Shhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment